1. Why does everybody “drive across the border” to buy drugs? Is it the thrill of potentially getting caught by border guards (yes, those still existed in Europe back then).
2. What a lonely life where everybody dopes all on their own, without any help.
3. With some exceptions (and more so in later years), pro riders have often struck me of being very dependent people who couldn’t survive on their own in the real world. I find it hard to believe some of them could cook a meal for themselves, let alone drive across the border and buy drugs.
4. If you are a famous cyclist, would you walk into a pharmacy to buy doping products? Even if it was “across the border”?
5. Combining 3 & 4, would it not be more logical to assume that in virtually all cases, somebody else bought the drugs for them and therefore, others were involved? At the very least as a mule, if not much more intricate than that?
6. O’Grady, Zabel and others have stated that they resorted to doping because they couldn’t compete but quickly stopped. We now know the sport didn’t get cleaner after their “short bout with doping”, so how did they effortlessly compete afterwards? For Zabel we now know the answer – he couldn’t and doped throughout his career.
7. Between USADA, various books and the French Senate report, we can conclude that many riders doped and some did not. Therefore, this is now officially no longer an interesting topic. Topic should now be, how do you fix it?
8. People point to the number of cycling viewers and spectators this year to show the doping fallout is not so bad. Pro wrestling, Paris Hilton and the US Senate are also popular (together, all senators collected almost 100% of the US vote!) It doesn’t mean you have credibility, the ability to affect change or even a bright future.
This entry can also be viewed at Gerard Vroomen's personal blog-site: http://gerard.cc/
|30.03: Driedaagse De Panne-Koksijde - Team...|
|30.03: Driedaagse De Panne-Koksijde - Youn...|
|30.03: Driedaagse De Panne-Koksijde - Poin...|
|30.03: Driedaagse De Panne-Koksijde - Moun...|
|30.03: Driedaagse De Panne-Koksijde - Gene...|
|30.03: Tour de Taiwan - Team classificatio...|
|30.03: Tour de Taiwan - Mountains classifi...|
|30.03: Tour de Taiwan - Point classificati...|
|30.03: Tour de Taiwan - General classifica...|
|28.03: Driedaagse De Panne-Koksijde - 1. s...|
|29.03: Pajot Hills Classic|
|26.03 - 30.03: Tour de Taiwan|
|28.03 - 30.03: Driedaagse De Panne-Koksijde|
|31.03: Route Adélie de Vitré|
|01.04: Nedbank Rock and Rut XC 1|
|01.04: XCO Premantura Rocky Trail|
|01.04: Volta Limburg Classic|
|01.04: Gran Premio Miguel Indurain|
|29.03 - 02.04: Volta Ciclística Internacional...|
|Yun Xuan DONG|
25 years | today
28 years | today
|Javier Moreira La LUZ|
36 years | today
|Jaap DE MAN|
24 years | today
33 years | today